Monday, August 19, 2013

sadly...it's not a happily-ever-after

Most people spend years to find their perfect match, just like me. Some may succeed, some have to cope up with failures.

Every person who had the chance to be close to me knew precisely how I defined a perfect match. There are "only" four criteria for this: he must be smarter than me, more religious than me, a non smoker, and a children-lover.

These criteria sound simple yet I've spent whole life failing in finding a compatible one, a man who fulfills all of the criteria. Right at the moment I decided to stop searching for that "perfect" man, and ironically found out that I couldn't even succeed a "common" man, Allah gave me what I want...a perfect match!

He's just so perfect; smart, religious, mature, a children-lover, a non-smoker, good looking, funny, romantic.....adorable!..if I have to put it all in one word. Even if we have different opinion on so many subjects, but we have so many things in common. Like Allah loves me so much, He gives me a match who loves book the way I do, a man who has the same taste with me on music and movies. So now, must I complaint if I have to face the fact that he is six years YOUNGER than me???

Long ago I realized that Allah won't give you all you want, there must be something missing or lacking, just to see if you still can be grateful for the grace on your hands. So now, will I focus on what's lacking or be very grateful for all the grace Allah pours upon me? :)


******

I wrote that down on my facebook note on May 11th, 2012....7 months later, that man proposed me to my dad, and it turned out to be a NO :'( I felt like the whole world was on chaos. I finally found 'my man' and Allaah did not put us together in marriage. It felt so unfair at that moment, but then on June, Allaah answered all my prayers, He showed me why we could not be together. At first I thought it was me, I did not deserve him, he's just too good for me. I kept telling myself those sentences because that's the only way I could accept what happened. But then, two months ago Allaah showed me something I needed to move on. He is the one who does not deserve me, that maybe it's not good to be in marriage with him, that he's not gonna be a perfect husband as I thought before.

Allaah listens....as always. He listens to my du'a. Then what makes me think that I should stop praying? that I should stop delivering du'a? What makes me think that I know what's best for my life, what makes me think I know EVERYTHING???

As a slave I demand too much from my creator...siape gue -_-
Sometimes we forgot, we simply and easily forget all of the graces Allaah gives to us. We simply and easily focus on the unfairness, all of the things that we think are bad for our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment